Are you tired of being rushed through your medical appointment? Are you disappointed with your doctor just handing you a prescription for medication? If this sounds familiar, you need to discover the benefits of osteopathic medicine.
Osteopathic medicine is different. Osteopathic medicine focuses on you as a whole person, not a set of individual parts of symptoms. Osteopathic medicine focuses more on prevention of disease, so you can stay healthy.
These are just a few of the many benefits of osteopathic medicine and how it can promote overall wellness:
- Osteopathic medicine uses all of the tools and techniques of conventional medicine including x-rays, laboratory testing, and other diagnostic tools
- Osteopathic medicine focuses on your body as a whole, an interrelated organism dependent on the health of the whole
- Osteopathic medicine focuses on prevention of illness and disease by being proactive with regular checkups, immunizations, and other preventive steps
- Osteopathic medicine is holistic, using all the best knowledge and techniques from Eastern and Western medicine
During your regular checkup, your osteopathic doctor will:
- Perform a complete physical examination
- Measure and record blood pressure, pulse, and other vital statistics
- Record a complete medical history including current medications, illnesses, and hospitalizations
One of the most important differences your osteopathic doctor will provide is counseling to help you achieve optimal health and well-being. Your osteopathic doctor may discuss modifications of your:
- Exercise program
- Stress reduction
Even with the best prevention, illnesses, injuries, and diseases can still occur. Your osteopathic doctor is all about treatment to help you achieve overall wellness. Your osteopathic doctor can provide treatment for:
- Viruses and bacterial infections like colds, the flu, or pneumonia
- Strains and sprains of muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Chronic pain from an injury, accident, or other cause
- Chronic conditions including heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, asthma, and others
If you are disappointed with what conventional medicine has to offer, you owe it to yourself to discover how osteopathic medicine can help you. To find out more about the benefits of osteopathic medicine, call your osteopathic doctor today.